They say there’s no place like home for the holidays, so The Mars Agency has partnered with Mars Petcare on a project to help get 500 pets out of shelters and into homes.
The number of pets being returned to shelters (and, as a result, at the risk of euthanasia) has been on the rise. With so many shelters at capacity this time of year, these pets need you now more than ever. They need to find homes. But first they need help. To fast track these furry friends into homes, temporary or forever, The Mars Agency and Mars Petcare created an inter-agency and employee campaign called The Foster500 Giving Tree with a goal to foster 500 pets by January 31, 2023.
Launched on December 15, 2022, this mission aims to get our associates to help pets and shelters in five ways:
- Fostering through FOSTER TO FUREVER, a Mars Petcare initiative.
- Adoption through Adopt a Pet, a database that finds pets up for adoption in your local area.
- Shelter support, also through Adopt a Pet, where you can find a shelter or rescue in your community and make a monetary donation or purchase items they need through their “wish list.”
- Spreading awareness through social media. Adopt a Pet makes it easy through their “Social PET-working” campaign, where they encourage people to share photos of pets in need of a home.
- Starting a group challenge. The campaign offers a few ideas for employees or agency teams to band together to spread the word such as utilizing your organization’s social channels (Teams, Slack, etc.) to create excitement, donating media time, hosting a donation drive competition, creating a “group volunteer team” to go work at a local shelter/rescue, or considering adopting a pet as a group.
At The Mars Agency, we’re on a mission to make a positive impact in our communities. We continually strive to bring ideas and programs to our clients that might drive their purpose. Foster500 brings our people and clients together to make a difference in the many communities we are a part of.
Help us spread the word and use #Foster500 when telling your networks how you helped a pet in need this holiday season.